Friday, July 20, 2012

The Feed!



Plot Synopsis: Having secured what appears to be the ultimate venue in the form of the historic Brenway Movie Theatre, the Ghost Chasers, a team of reality TV paranormal investigators, are confident that their annual live broadcast will be one of their best shows to date. However, when the sleepy Central Pennsylvania movie house turns out to be a bit more active than they had anticipated, the prospect of record-breaking ratings quickly takes a back seat to the basest of all human instincts: Survival.

Ok, let me start off by saying I hate ghost stories.  The Ring, The Grudge, they suck.  I hate Paranormal films.  Paranormal Activity 1 & 2 are two of the dullest films ever made.  And lastly I hate Ghost Hunter shows.  There lame.  They usually consist of a group of nerds who go into a house, act like there bad asses, and never find a thing.  With that said I loved The Feed.  Which is strange because its a Ghost movie, sort of, let me explain.
  The Feed is a bout a group called The Ghost Chasers.  There going to do a live television broadcast from a supposedly haunted theatre.  See years ago there was a fire in the theatre when a projector was loaded wrong causing the film to ignite.  See old film is highly flammable.  Its how Brad Pitt was able to kill Hitler.  Anyway the guy running the booth died in the fire.  Over the years strange occurrences began happening, concluding with a family being murdered in the theatre basement.  The theatre is still open to this day, and the new owner allows the Ghost Chaser TV show to do a live broadcast.  The usual stuff happens, like in all those shows.  Reading off the charts, noises, flickers here and there, really ghost showing up.  Yes turns out the place is really haunted by vengeful ghosts.
  See here is why the film works.  For starters the movie is actually the live broadcast of the show, complete with commercials.  My favorite commercial is for a shady lawyer played by Lloyd Kaufman from Troma fame.  You are actually watching the live broadcast. Interviews with staff, full back story on the theatre, the team acting cocky, everything.  What really sets it apart is how they all act when everything turns out to be real.  Like I said I don't want to spoil anything, but personally I would be scared if a ghost came after me.
  The acting on this film is quite good for an independent film.  You can tell the cast really enjoys, and believes in what they are doing.  The production levels are also very slick, it has the look and feel of a live broadcast, but at the same time you know your watching a movie. It gave my wife and I a couple of good jump scares, and trust me when I say that does not happen very often. And finally it takes some of the old familiar cliches and adds realism to it, not an east task.
  Overall I highly recommend it to all fans of Indy Horror, and Supernatural films.  Very cool.  Here's the link to purchase.

http://www.thefeedmovie.com/

Overall 4 out of 5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment