Sunday, March 17, 2013

El Gringo

El Gringo (2012) Poster

A man crossing into Mexico with a satchel of $2,000,000, and a bloody past, finds himself under sudden attack in the sleepy town of El Fronteras.

Scott Adkins, who is just awesome might I say stars as an unnamed DEA agent who, after a bust goes bad end up with 2 million dollars.  As hes crossing into Mexico he stoppes at a sleepily little town that is run by a crooked sheriff and a local gang.  There is also some chick who constantly keeps grabbing his bag of cash forcing him to cash her.  On top of all that Christian Slater is after him.

Adkins is the future of action films, he just needs a film to deliver in.  This one sort of does.  The action is great, and the film truthfully is about 80% action.  The other 20% is bad.  The fact that this girl jacks his bad like 4 times is absurd, and lazy on the filmmakers part.  Also I like Robert Rodriguez as much as the next guy, but this was filmed to look like a Rodriguez film.  It looks like a film trying to look like a Rodriguez film.

Those few point aside, I highly recommend it.  Like I said the actions scenes are great, and you don't watch films like this for the plot.

Overall 3 out of 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment