Monday, October 10, 2011

The Exorcist



Plot Synopsis: When a teenager is possessed by a mysterious entity, her mother seeks the help of two priests to save her daughter.

 I'll be honest.  I am pressed for time today, but didn't want to disappoint anyone who follows this blog, as I do pride myself on updating daily.  I wanted to write about David Hess, the worlds number one sleaze bag who passed away a few days ago.  Problem is I have to re watch some of his films to do so.  Actually I have one on now.  Which one?  You'll find out tomorrow.  For now I present my review on the ground breaking classic The Exorcist.

   The Exorcist centers around a little girl who becomes possessed by Satan.  We know theres something wrong with her because she floats, pukes green crap, and uses bad language in a demon voice  So when the doctors are unable to help her her mom takes her to a shrink.  Luckily in a stroke of pure unbelievable coincidence the shrink is also a priest.  He notices she starts speaking backwards.  Maybe she's the kid who was responsible for recording that crap on heavy metal music.  Anyway he figures out that she must be possessed.

  So he calls his other priest buddy and they go and perform the exorcism in one long ass 20 minute scene. Save the girl and the old priest dies.  Basically that's it.

  This films sucks ass!  I cant stress that enough.  Its so boring.  I mean there is nothing good about it.  I always hear, its the scariest film ever made.  No it's not, whats scary is that people actually enjoy this film.    It is so bad, there is nothing to enjoy.  My wife and I had a hard time staying awake.  I don't even understand when people say how it ushered in modern horror.  No it didn't, it ushered in the trend of going to get popcorn when your board.  I kept getting up and leaving.  I was at home and didn't even pause the VCR.  I guess if I had to say one good thing about the film, it's shorter than Sucker Punch, so I guess that makes it better.

Overall 0 out of 5 Stars!

3 comments:

  1. This movie gave me serious nightmares.

    But I was 9 when I saw it so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't actually watch it till I was 21

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I am very sadden by this review .. it is one of my favorite all time scariest movies and still to this day freaks the living hell outta me that i either have to watch with all the lights on and then a comedy or watch it with someone.

    ReplyDelete